The Anchorage Veterinary Practice dates back to before the war, firstly taken on by an owner based at Ivy House then by two other veterinary surgeons, one in 1940 and then another in 1952. The practice was then taken on by a more recent owner in 1968, who devoted his life to the practice and retired in 2013. The Anchorage is now part of CVS (UK) Limited.
Anchorage began as a traditional veterinary practice based in Acle with two veterinary surgeons and one veterinary nurse, focusing mainly on large animal and farm work. Due to demand and ownership of small animals, The Anchorage Veterinary Hospital was built in 1978. Between 1997 and 1998 the hospital was granted permission to be extended and renovation was also carried out, turning it into the hospital you see today. This not only enabled the business to grow but offers our clients a better service with additional surgical, kennel and isolation facilities.
The Anchorage Veterinary Hospital evolved into a mixed practice, providing optimum care to all creatures great and small.